Keeping you safe during Covid-19
We want you to know that our doors are open, and we are ready to share stunning Aoraki/ Mt Cook with you.
At Heliworks Mount Cook, we take the risk of COVID 19 seriously and we follow all Government regulations and guidelines and therefore all staff are vaccinated for both our safety and that of our clients. Please know that we have guidelines in place to ensure a healthy experience. Of course, a number of challenges, and we’ll remain flexible in order to maintain safe and compliant operations as the situation progresses.
Our procedures and our expectations during Level 2
At Mt Cook airport
- To ensure everybody’s safety, we ask that if you or your anyone in you group feel unwell -particularly with symptoms of a cold, flu or Covid-19, to please stay away from our premises
- Masks are required to be worn while you are at the airport.
Please note: Masks or PPE can become a serious safety concern if they get blown out of someone’s hands or off their heads. Please ensure masks are worn over the mouth and nose and are not sitting on tops of heads or stuffed into loose pockets.
- Scan yourself in using the QR tracer code displayed around the building. There is an alternative clipboard inside the office if you don’t have access to your phone.
- Please use the hand sanitizer located around the premises.
- Cargo handling -as per normal, the pilot or ground crew will load the cargo into the helicopter.
- Toilet and hand washing facilities remain open.
Expectations during flight
- For the safety of our pilot and passengers, all passengers are required to wear a face mask for the duration of the flight in either direction. We have spares available if people have forgotten to bring their own. We are happy to support passengers who may have an exemption not to wear a mask for medical reasons.
- Passengers will receive a headset; the microphone will be stored upright and away from passengers’ mouth, however they will still be able to hear the pilot talking.
- Prior to flight, passengers will receive the normal helicopter safety briefing which will include additional Covid-19 protocols.
- Please note that pilots have a national exemption to remove their mask where it may compromise safety in flight. Our pilots will choose when it is appropriate to wear a face mask or not. This will be up to the pilot’s discretion at the time. Passengers will be notified of this during their pre-flight safety briefing.
For the latest updates, information and advice on COVID-19 please visit www.health.govt.nz
If you have any symptoms, please call Healthline on 0800 358 5453 and follow their instructions prior to visiting us.
If you have any further questions please contact us either by phone +64 3 435 1460 or email email@example.com