Heliworks Mount Cook is operated by Southern Lakes Helicopters an established NZ owned helicopter company with an excellent reputation for customer service and flying excellence. We have always focused on achieving the highest standards of safety to ensure all our clients’ needs and expectations are both met and exceeded.
Why Choose Heliworks Mount Cook:
- Modern fleet with leather seats in all helicopters
- Exclusive landing sites in some of the Mt Cook region’s most spectacular areas
- Highly skilled helicopter pilots with up to 30,000 flying hours and international / Antarctic experience
- Recognised as one of New Zealand’s premier aerial filming companies, including credits such as The Lord of the Rings, Narnia and King Kong
- We aim to give you “A high’ time, with highly experienced pilots, and a high safety record”
- The paradise of Mt Cook is our backyard! Let us take you there!
From our Mt Cook base we provide helicopter services to the filming and tourism industries as well as providing commercial operation heli support. We are recognised as one of the leading helicopter teams in the area and our 5* reviews often mention the personal service we provide to our clients.
We pride ourselves on our modern fleet of aircraft and our professional crews at both bases. All together our pilots have an average of 17 years’ experience both internationally and within New Zealand.
The Heliworks Mt Cook and Southern Lakes Helicopters team also hold the contract to provide helicopter support for Antarctica New Zealand, based at Scott Base. This gives our pilots unrivalled expertise in challenging conditions.
Safety is the priority above all other considerations. Heliworks Mt Cook insists on going far beyond the minimum safety standards which are set by the Civil Aviation Authority. As a result Heliworks Mt Cook has been awarded the Helicopter Association International Operator Safety Award annually since 2007.
“In each and every operation safety is paramount. This is not just a slogan, it is our ABSOLUTE commitment.”
Sir Richard (Hannibal) Hayes:
The Owner and Directors of Heliworks Mt Cook are Sir Richard and Lady Carol Hayes.
Sir Richard (Hannibal) Hayes has more than 40 years and over 30,000 hours flight experience. He is deservedly renowned for extraordinary feats of search and rescue in the Southern Alps, the Subantarctic and Southern Ocean.
Sir Richard Hayes ensures that Heliworks Mt Cook holds to the same rigorous standards of safety, excellence and professionalism that he maintained throughout his career.